Solved

Chrome Memory - Multiple Tabs

• 23 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I am noticing an increase in Chrome memory on 2021 R1 - 21.118.0038. 

What i have noticed is that the SO screen creates a good amount of Javascript memory.   The more screens you click the higher it goes until garbage collection.   

How a website works  - But it just seems with this version is building megs of cache quicker than normal.    (Really centered around Sales Orders and Invoices.)

I have upped the memory for the machines in Chrome to 4096, but multiple tabs \ any competition and we get an out of memory issue.      Not a ton of tax zones,   single currency.   

Ideas? 

icon

Best answer by RohitBhandurge 23 September 2022, 20:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@corey63 - There is mention in this article that you can control the cache in Chrome. 

https://windowsloop.com/limit-chrome-cache-size/

Not sure if this is specific to your issue.

This is the in memory cache - or JS heap that I was referring too, but thank you for the response.     To show what I am talking about, if you go to the ellipse (triple dots)  in chrome and then  more tools, open the developer tools - go to the memory tab - you will see the total amount of JS heap that the instance is currently using.     

Here is an example of opening a Sales Order and the cache size it took..  My issue is I am seeing 500-600 meg.    

Userlevel 5
Badge

@corey63 - Understood. Certainly a good subject to dig deep into. There are some articles in the community somewhat on the similar grounds. 

https://help-2020r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1e173168-12d7-43cf-82e4-a140237a700c

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved