Solved

Prevent sync of 2nd variant option in Shopify

• 10 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We use Template Items in Acumatica with Matrix items by Condition (New, Used, Refurbished, etc.). We really only have one attribute but we are required to use two in Acumatica in order to generate the Matrix items:

However, when the products sync to Shopify they sync both attributes as two different variant options:

The 2nd variant option (in our case, “Condition Level”) is not necessary for us and shows up on the product page, which we do not want.

Is there any way to unmap this specific variant option in the connector? Or another method to prevent this from syncing to Shopify?

icon

Best answer by Julia Lukina 11 November 2023, 00:01

View original

5 replies

Badge +1

Hello @mikeho , if on your Template Item it is selected Item Class which has 2 active Attributes (on Attributes tab) with Category = Variant, then these both are mandatory. But if you need only 1 attribute for this particular Template Item - you can use different Item Class which has only 1 attribute with category Variant - as a result you will be able to leave Default Row Attribute ID on Template Item - Configuration tab and that “second” attribute will not be exported to your commerce store.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, @Julia Lukina! Our original VAR had set our Item Class up with 2 active Attributes - perhaps this was the only option available back in 2021? I created a new Item Class with only 1 active Attribute and this worked perfectly.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@mikeho we also have our items set up with 2 active attributes because it was required by Acumatica in 2023 R1 so I’m interested in hearing how this is resolved. @Julia Lukina is this something that changed with 2023 R2?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jfarrell - we are actually on 2023 R1 and it worked for me there.

Badge +1

Hello @jfarrell , it should work on 2023 R1 with only one variant-attribute as well as with 2 variant-attributes. Could you please tell me where such requirements has been found? If it’s help or community KB article - probably we have to fix something there or describe in better way.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved