Solved

"Use in Quick Search" option not available for all fields in a GI

• 24 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have created a GI to use as as an overview of all approval maps.  For some reason I can’t select “Use in Quick Search” for the AssignmentMapID_Description.  Is that because it has a navigation target selected?  Also I noticed that for some of these fields, it takes really long to search, is that because of the complexity of the query?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 24 May 2022, 11:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @MarciaW  AssignmentMapID_Description is NOT a direct field of the “EPAssignmentMap” DAC, hence the system will not us to do a search with this field.

Coming to the slowness, it might be with the below reasons

• That search field might not be a KEY field, hence it takes time.
  • If you wanted to search with other than KEY fields, then you need to apply the proper indexes on the field.
  • Also, we need to consider the data set. if we have huge data set, it might take some time to fetch the data. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved