Solved

Tips for creating a GI that does not slow down the entire system.

• 10 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

A client recently created a GI and the system almost came to a standstill.  When the process was stopped the performance was back to normal.

I seem to think that there was a post about things to avoid when designing a GI so that it does not drain too much of the CPU but cant find it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

James

icon

Best answer by Laura02 10 August 2022, 18:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @jmorgan 

Does the GI have the OData selected? There were a few posts regarding that:

Why is OData $select parameter so slow? | Community (acumatica.com)

If not, what is the data you are trying to pull for the GI? It could be how the GI is written and what the system is trying to search for. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks Kbeatty21

It is a GI executed within Acumatica.  We are not pulling the data externally from PowerBi.

James

Badge +16

Hello,

Look at what tables are being used and how they are joined. Incorrect joins can cause many multiples of records to be generated by a GI.  On any GI that is pulling transactions, I use conditions and parameters to avoid sending “all” transactions to the screen. For example, add a required parameter/filter so the customer must choose a period or an account when showing transaction-level detail.

I hope this helps you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks Laura,

That is useful

James

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jmorgan if you have a specific GI that is problematic, feel free to export it and attach it here for review

Userlevel 3
Badge

I think a GI needs a "GO” button, because everytime you change a parameter (if more than one) it searches. Why net choose all your parameters and then click "GO”?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved