Solved

Pointing widgets to signed on user.

• 22 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

VERY new to all of this (our company is going live next week).  I’ve been watching the university videos and looking around here, but I cannot seem to get the answer to my issue.  To keep it as simple as possible, I copied a dashboard for Sales Manager which shows all kinds of information in widgets for every salesperson.  I want to take that copy, and make it so it only shows data in the widgets for the person who is logged in and make it accessible to all of our sales team.  I’ve tried various @me’s  but it just doesn’t work.  Maybe I’m picking the wrong field?  I’m just spinning at this point mentally trying to get what seems like should be a very easy modification to work.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  

EDIT:  I have been able to make the widgets work if I manually edit each one to a specific person.  I’m trying to avoid doing that 75 times.  Hoping I can just pass the value of the logged in user down to each of them.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 23 April 2024, 03:09

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello @bigred1022 ,

Welcome to Acumatica 🙂. 
There are some previous posts that contain hints and tips for the @me question.  I’ll try to round some of them up for you; I hope you find an idea that helps you avoid 75 different filters. 

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @bigred1022 ,

You might also take a look at the standard Salesperson dashboard which includes examples of widgets that are filtered by the current user.  

Hope this helps!

Laura

Thank you both!  I finally got it to click and making tons of progress now.  Unfortunately @lauraj46 we don’t have a standard Salesperson dashboard in our sandbox.  Just a Sales Manager version that shows everything for all sales people.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved