Skip to main content
Solved

Linking invoices with journals

• 31 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Is there a way to see history of journal transactions against an invoice?

Currently, if I have to create a journal for any reason, I put a note on the invoice to flag to myself that there is a journal transaction related to it. It would be great to be able to go into an invoice and see journal transactions directly related to it.

Hello,

When an invoice (or any document from a subsidiary ledger) posts to general ledger, the related GL entry is available on the Financial tab of the document.

GL Batch is linked to Financial tab of Document

Corrections/Adjustments to the invoice document should be made in the AR module where possible, such as to Reverse/ the document, and to Pay the document, and to add a Credit against the document , so that additional entries are automatically connected to the original invoice document.

When we add “related” adjustments for the invoice via GL, such as to Reclassify the income to a different account, there is no link.

In the AP module we do have Expense reclassification features and a related report: Reclassified Bills…. but AR does not have a similar reclassify invoice feature. 

Your Idea to show GL reclassifications on the AR document has been suggested.  Please vote here:

Laura

@bnastasi Looks like Laura’s response was pretty thorough, did this resolve the issue or were you still looking for information?