Skip to main content
Solved

Inventory report for quantity on hand for both stock and non stock items

• 2 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Our vendors want to know our inventory quantity on hand. I do not think that will be an issue for our inventory stock items. Where I see it being a possible issue is we have a lot of non-stock items. Many of our non-stock items are kits so our vendors will want to know the quantity on hand of those non-stock kits. Acumatica is capable of telling us how many kits it can make of a particular non-stock item (see example attached), but what I want to know is when our EDI is connected, will it be reading the stock items as well as the non-stock items they order from us?  The document for EDI is an 846 inventory advice.

Is there a report in Acumatica that I can run that shows me quantity on hand for stock items as well as non stock? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There is no example attached.

Non-stock items are not tracked in inventory by quantity.  If you need to track quantity, then you have to use Stock items.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

It depends on who your EDI partner is. I’ve had partners who were willing to read custom GIs that had the info and some that wouldn’t. Ask for references.