Skip to main content
Solved

Inventory report for quantity on hand for both stock and non stock items

• 2 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Our vendors want to know our inventory quantity on hand. I do not think that will be an issue for our inventory stock items. Where I see it being a possible issue is we have a lot of non-stock items. Many of our non-stock items are kits so our vendors will want to know the quantity on hand of those non-stock kits. Acumatica is capable of telling us how many kits it can make of a particular non-stock item (see example attached), but what I want to know is when our EDI is connected, will it be reading the stock items as well as the non-stock items they order from us?  The document for EDI is an 846 inventory advice.

Is there a report in Acumatica that I can run that shows me quantity on hand for stock items as well as non stock? 

There is no example attached.

Non-stock items are not tracked in inventory by quantity.  If you need to track quantity, then you have to use Stock items.

It depends on who your EDI partner is. I’ve had partners who were willing to read custom GIs that had the info and some that wouldn’t. Ask for references.