Solved

How can we add a custom generic inquiry

• 22 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I want to add a generic inquiry like the Commitment Inquiry in the Projects Workspace screen-ID PM306000.

Do I need to create a customization project or I can achieve this by adding a normal generic inquiry from the screen SM208000.

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 22 February 2023, 21:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @tanuj81 

Custom GI can be imported in to the instance through a customization packages.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

@manikantad18 can you share any reference to blog or the Acumatica tutorial that can help. Thanks for the reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tanuj81 ,

You shouldn’t need a customization project unless you want to package up the Generic Inquiries to move them to a different instance. 

Here are the steps to follow:

• Create the new Generic Inquiry on the SM208000 screen.
  • Click the check box on the GI header properties to “Make Visible on the UI”.  This will add your new screen to the Site Map (SM200520).  By default it will appear in the Data Views workspace under Inquiries.
  • To move it to the Projects workspace, open the Site Map and edit the Workspace(s) and Category as needed.  Don’t forget to save your changes.

It’s also a good practice to review the permissions on the new GI.  By default a new GI will be visible to all users.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@lauraj46 But I am not able to create a GI like PM306000. I have custom requirement with the finance periods, other selector and many more custom parameters and all that that is not configurable for me with the basic screens you have suggested. I have already followed the steps. I believe I need to create a new Graph from the customization project.

Thanks for the reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tanuj81 ,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.  Yes, if you have custom requirements that can’t be accomodated by the parameters in a GI then you might need to create a new Graph.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@lauraj46 Do you have any links that can help me with this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tanuj81 ,

Acumatica Open University course T250 is a good introduction to developing inquiry forms.  If you have not developed any customizations then you might want to begin with some of the earlier courses in this series.

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/development/

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/development/t250-development-inquiry-forms/

Hope this helps!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved