Solved

GI for Self Service Portal

• 12 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I have created a GI which I mapped in Portal, now how can I restrict that only Portal customer see their data ? Now it is visible for all. Please advise.

Thank you

Jennifer 

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 14 March 2022, 15:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

I am also interested in this topic.  We want to start using the Customer Portal in this way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jennifer39 

Refer to the below article. It may help you,

Restrict Data Accessibility using Generic Inquries - Acumatica Developers Blog

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Jinin

When you deploy restriction on role it will reflect on all Portal Users, I want to put a condition on GI so that only the login customer will see their data.  Like they see only their Orders in My Orders.

Jennifer

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jennifer39 ! In this case the restriction group option would be the best choice to restrict the view of data in the GI. This is because there is no option for something like Customer = @me, which is how the other GIs operate based on the relative condition of the user logged in.

In the absence of this option setting a restriction group so users only see customers to which they have access will mean that when the user logs in to view the GI only the customers which have been allowed are visible.

This is not setting access rights, which is role based, restriction groups are user based.

Userlevel 4
Badge

You can limit data displayed on the portal by joining to the contact table and then using Contact.UserID=@me. 

Thanks,

Kurt

Userlevel 3
Badge

@KurtBauer 

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Has anyone determined that @KurtBauer solution of using @me in a Generic Inquiry called by a portal user from a Portal site works to restrict the data returned to just that of the Portal user?  I’m struggling to make this work.

Restriction groups are not an option for use due to security issues …

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved