Solved

Can somebody share the Dashboard maintainenace best practice in multiple tenants ?

• 8 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

hello,

I am managing 3 tenants. And the 3 tenants are using same kind of Dashboard, like sales analysis, but the datasource (Mainly GI) of each dashboard are having little differences. Like different conditions, different filters.
      I have designed the dashboard in tenant 1 at the beginning, and save the dashboard as a customization project , and then publish this customization project to tenant 2 and tenant 3 and modify in tenant 2 and tenant 3 on that initial version.
     I am meeting the 2 major issues below, can somebody point out a good way to handle.

1,  It looks like if I have modified the datasource like GI,  the customization project would not update automatically.  if I  publish the older customization project again, my update in GI would be loss.
       What is the best way to deal with this?

2, Actually, I have to maintain 3 different Dashboard versions.  If I publish a dashboard in tenant 1, it seems the dashboard related GIs in tenant 2 and tenant 3 are all updated, updated to the same as tenant 1. That would cause I have to manually modify them again. 
      What is the best way to deal with this?

Thank you .

icon

Best answer by ray20 8 August 2023, 12:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Have you got the GI’s and Filter settings in the customisation package it sounds like you have if you are saying they are losing the changes when you republish. 

Are all the little differences in the GI if so then once the GI have the same ID in each tenant then if you have only the dashboard in the customisation package then it should work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@dcomerford  Thank you for your comment. It is my fault that I have made things complicated. Actually , it can be easy to handle. I will explain below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

To whom also interested in this topic,  

Unlike code (business logic) customizations, customizations with GIs or Dashboards are published once for ever.   That is,  if you have published in 1 tenant, the GIs and Dashboards remain, even if you unpublish the customization project, or even delete the customzation project. 

So my 2 major pains can be handled this way:
1,  Separating Customiztion projects with Dashbords (and its related GIs) only. Not combined with business logic customiztions.
2,  Prepare it in tenant 1, and publish it in tenant 2 and tenant 3.
3, After step 3, you can unpublish the project,  in case you accidently republish it to overwrite your new changes made after publishing.

4,  Now make changes as your need in tenant 2 and tenant 3.
If you need to backup, create new customization in each tenant and download.

In this way, you don’t have to worry about the mess up in 3 tenants. Because each are separated.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @ray20!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved