Solved

AR Aging includes Cancelled Invoices

• 24 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day,

We are experiencing an issue with the 2022R1 AR Aging report including :Cancelled invoices.   Is this a bug?  Do we need to revise the AR Aging.  Does not seem like Cancelled invoices should show up anytime no matter when we set the date for the aging report.  It has caused Accounting stress that the AR Aging includes these invoices especially for audits.

Anyone run into this issue?  Can recommend a course of action.  Our VAR has put a case of ACM Support which does take time.  I would rather not have update the report until I know if this a bug or something wrong with the report and maybe get a solution from ACM

You assistance is greatly appreciated.

@Evan G 

icon

Best answer by EvanG 28 April 2023, 21:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Evan,

Can you post a screenshot of the invoice you are saying is “Cancelled” as well as a screenshot of the AR report where it appears as well as the screen id of the report?

-John

Badge +18

Hello @EvanG ,

How did your invoice come to be “Cancelled” status?  Acumatica AR Invoice statuses include the following choices:

• On Hold
  • Pending Print
  • Pending Email
  • Credit Hold
  • Balanced
  • Scheduled
  • Voided
  • Pending Approval
  • Rejected
  • Open Reserved
  • Closed

Is it possible the Custom Status “Cancelled” is part of a customization package such as TrueCommerce ?

I wonder if a Cancelled invoice in your case is like a regular Closed Invoice - I presume the Invoice Balance is $0?  If so, when you look at the Applications tab of the AR invoice, what document paid it?

What is the period of the Invoices in question, what is the period of the paying document (Credit memo)? For what period was the report printed?

For example, suppose an invoice from June 2022 was cancelled/written off in March 2023.  If I print the Aging for December 2022, the June 2022 invoice that looks cancelled today actually SHOULD show open on the Aging I printed for December 2022.  Does this make sense? 

If we have not answered your question, please add examples of your invoice and your report, as previous poster requested.  Thank you!

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

@John Masi   Hi John.

Any suggestion?  Accounting gets annoyed that it shows on the Aging.  Somehow we believe that it was cancelled and CR was post it should just go away.  Mistakes are hard to see.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@EvanG as @Laura02 pointed out it is not the Acumatica Standard engine that causes this issue. It is a customization or ISV that causes the issue and requires retuning to fix the issue.

As a workaround, you can open the report in Report Designer and filter out documents with Cancelled Status and save it on the server. This will fix this issue but there could be other areas that need to be fixed

Badge +18

I found more information in this forum:  Sales Orders module CAN correct/cancel an invoice and the Cancelled status is Valid -- it’s just missing from the Help. I relied on the Help to produce a list of invoice status options.

We can vote for improvements to the Cancel process; link below. 

Invoices are not really “Cancelled” with the Correction process after they have been posted in Acumatica, even if their status says Cancelled.  They are Adjusted off the books with Credit Memos. Here is a screen shot of an Invoice that has been written off the books with a Credit Memo :

I recommend AR Aged Period Sensitive report instead of AR Aging because it will tie to the GL for every month.  When printing AR Aged Period Sensitive for a prior period,  the report includes documents that were open “As Of” the period we are printing, even if they were adjusted off the Aging several months later with a Credit Memo and now show status “cancelled”.

I understand why Reza memntioned filtering out cancelled status invoices, but without the cancelled invoices in the total, the report won’t be correct. The accountants and auditors will be looking for a report that correctly matches the GL.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Evan,

Interesting enough, I did find an Invoice Status of Cancelled (L) in 2023R1.

The easiest solution would be to exclude Invoices with the status “L” from the report, however please test as I do not have any invoices in that status on my local instance to check.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@EvanG can you confirm the cancelled invoice has a released credit memo attached to it? I just tested this out on my local instance (22.211.0034) and i ran the AR aging before i cancelled an invoice: 

once i cancel and release the credit memo, the AR aging is updated: 

i would ask accounting to double check the CM is released and not just in the balanced state!

Thanks,

Iqra

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello,

We are running 2022R1.  It seems that Cancelled doesn’t actually mean I thought or anything; it works like creating a credit memo applied to invoices.  I told Accounting to stop using it.  Hopefully, we can avoid further errors.

The cancelled invoices and CM were released and do not show up on current aging. .  The cancelled invoice show up when we run the Aging for a prior period.  If I update the report, then remove the cancelled status but the CM is still there and I would lose visibility if someone happened to cancel an invoice in error..  I think I was confused on what cancelled means.  Also, 2022R1 help does not list the cancel status on the documentation.  ACM hasn’t update help with the cancel status with a definition.  if I knew what I do now, I would have stopped AR staff to use it which I have done now.

Thank you for everyone jumping in.

I appreciate your assistance.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved