Skip to main content
Solved

Adding a "Service Order" tab to the "Payments and Application" screen in the "Receivables" Module

• 31 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I would like the “Service Orders” tab to be shown in the “Payments and Applications screen in “Receivables” as it does from the “Prepayment” tab in appointments. As you can see in both images, it says “Payments and Applications” but one screen does not have the “Service Order” tab.

I would like this option when coming from the “Receivables” module so the Accounts department does not have to open an actual service order to apply a prepayment so prepayments are properly recognized from a Job and Accounting view point. Any thoughts?

Screen from “Receivables”
Screen from “Prepayments” tab form an Appointment in a Service Order

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@lewisad by default you can only create Prepayment from Appointments or Service Orders Screen and that is why only the tab shows for Prepayment Type.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@hkabiri in the “Payments and Application” screen from the “Accounts Receivable” side, when the payment type is “Prepayment” the Service order tab does not appear. I know in my screen shots it says “Payment”. Aren’t these both the sane the same screen whether accessing from the Accounts side or through an appointment? We would like to apply that prepayment to the service order without having to go the actual service order and appointment screen. Right now, if a Prepayment is created through “Payments and Applications” screen accessed from receivables, there is no option to link it to a Service Order, only a Sales order as seen in the first screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @lewisad were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@lewisad I understand your requirement but that tab has some coded visibility condition if payment is initiated from Service Order or Appointment. While I am not sure if there is a strong logic behind it, it would be a good idea to add some more flexibility so the tab would be available from the Payments and Applications as well.

Can you please add it to our Product Ideas and our Product Owners and PM would review in case it receives enough vote and comment if it is feasible.