Solved

Unlinking a PO from Production Order and relinking to Sales Order

• 19 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Our production process involves purchasing some items directly from the production order through Critical Materials in order to maintain the link upon receipt and ultimately the release/issuance of materials.

However, there exists times where some of these items will arrive late (beyond our production end date). In these cases, we will still complete and close the production order (& ship out the order) despite not receiving certain items. This order is considered short shipped, as we shipped the order without certain items.

These missing items are then added to a Sales Order and shipped and installed at the client’s site at a future date - once received.

We have run into an issue as the goal would be:

• Once we close the production order, we would like to move the “short shipped” items to a Sales Order and link to the outstanding PO.

The issue I’m having is I’m unable to unlink that PO from the now closed production order. As a result, I’m unable to link the PO to the newly created Sales Order - it does not appear on the list.

Is there a way to unlink a PO that was generated from a production order. My expectation was that once the production order was closed, that link would be broken and the PO could be linked again but that’s not what I’m seeing.

Has anyone worked on similar issue?

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 25 January 2023, 17:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jwarren 

It sounds like you might need a customization to allow what you would like to be able to do.  Contact your partner to see if they have the development staff capable of doing so.  If not, your partner can reach out to other partners with development expertise to collaborate on solving this for you.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved