Solved

Time Approval by Supervisor

• 15 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

OK. I have a bit of a unique situation I am looking for the answer for.  I have a time clock that I use to generate a clock entry into a Production Order This works great. However, I have Team leads that approve their team's time. I need a way to have Joe the team lead log in and approve and only see Joe's team. Whereas Joe's supervisor John can see and approve Joe's time and all of his team's times. Setting the employee reports to on the employee records doesn't seem to cut it. The approval screen is kind of an all or nothing scenario it seems. Thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 15 April 2021, 22:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@cmoreland  - You are correct. This is the second time I’m hearing this in one week. Others may give you some ideas but if you would like to see this in the core product - please go to https://community.acumatica.com/ideas and add it. Let’s see how many votes it gets and it will help me prioritize!! 

Hi - the one idea I had was to add the WorkGroup to the Approve Time Cards grid and create filters by workgroup.  This would not satisfy any security needs as others would still have access to the other grids but it is a start.  We may be able to create a GI and turn on the update feature and create this without a customization but I haven’t had time to try this yet.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@jwilliams24  I was kind of thinking of something that grouped by reports to (workgroups could work too) and screen that is similar to the clock entry in that you could just bring back a filtered list of your reports to for approval. I think you could send the current logged in employee id to the query right?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@cmoreland  - You are correct. This is the second time I’m hearing this in one week. Others may give you some ideas but if you would like to see this in the core product - please go to https://community.acumatica.com/ideas and add it. Let’s see how many votes it gets and it will help me prioritize!! 

Thanks @Debbie Baldwin I will add that to the ideas. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved