Solved

Production Orders without BOM

• 7 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, is there a simple way to restrict creating POs from a sales order, if there is no active BOM?

icon

Best answer by dennisgodsill36 18 June 2021, 15:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We had to create a custom tab for some engineering settings on the Stock Item and added a Boolean to determine if it was “active”.  I am definitely curious if there is an easier way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@uma47 - I’m assuming you mean Production Order and not Purchase Order. We currently don’t restrict this. 

@cmoreland would be interested to know the settings you have added if you think that most Manufacturers might want them?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Debbie Baldwin yes, its production orders and you can create a Prod Order without a BOM in Acumatica. We want to restrict it. That is if you do not have an active BOM, you cannot create the Production Order from the Sales Order. I am trying to see what’s the easiest and best way to do it. Do note, we are only using the MRP, BOM, Prodcution Order and Estimate Modules.

Userlevel 3
Badge

A production order without a source is allowed in order accommodate rework and/or repair orders where you would manually create the operations and add the item as both the parent and as a component.  We have a number of customers who do repair/rework orders.

We wrote customization to prevent the creation of production orders from MRP Display when there is no BOM, or the BOM is on hold, which has the same net effect.   Let me know if you’d be interested in it. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved