Question

Production Orders without BOM

Hi, is there a simple way to restrict creating POs from a sales order, if there is no active BOM?

4 replies

We had to create a custom tab for some engineering settings on the Stock Item and added a Boolean to determine if it was “active”.  I am definitely curious if there is an easier way. 

Userlevel 2

@uma47 - I’m assuming you mean Production Order and not Purchase Order. We currently don’t restrict this. 

@cmoreland would be interested to know the settings you have added if you think that most Manufacturers might want them?

@Debbie Baldwin yes, its production orders and you can create a Prod Order without a BOM in Acumatica. We want to restrict it. That is if you do not have an active BOM, you cannot create the Production Order from the Sales Order. I am trying to see what’s the easiest and best way to do it. Do note, we are only using the MRP, BOM, Prodcution Order and Estimate Modules.

Userlevel 2
Badge

A production order without a source is allowed in order accommodate rework and/or repair orders where you would manually create the operations and add the item as both the parent and as a component.  We have a number of customers who do repair/rework orders.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2020  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved