Looking to understand how the release of materials on a production order relates with the production ticket.
We are looking to use the production ticket as a picklist in our manufacturing facility, but the production ticket is driven from the Production Detail. The Production Detail only shows locations for items ordered through Critical Materials or items that have been manually allocated in Production Detail. We can have up to 60 line items on a Production Detail so manually allocating each item is not an efficient use of time. Additionally, most of our items are purchased through MRP, not Critical Materials. Is there anyway to automate inventory allocations to a production order?
When releasing materials for a production order, the system will select a location by default but you can manually change the locations prior to release. In my mind, it makes sense to have a printable version of the material release which can then be provided to the warehouse staff for picking purposes (since it includes the actual location being depleted from Acumatica inventory).
Currently the production ticket generates a pick list from the production detail that doesn’t include inventory locations. In this scenario, how would the warehouse staff know which location to pick from?
Am I missing something here? Are the individuals picking and releasing typically the same? What is best practice as it relates to picking items for production and releasing the materials in Acumatica?
- Should we be releasing material in Acumatica and then generating the production ticket for picking purposes?
- How do we ensure the location in the material release matches the actual location picked? Without locations on the production ticket, how does a new warehouse staff know where to find the items?
- My only thought here is that the material is released and then production ticket is generated and printed. The individual releasing material marks down the locations on the production ticket and provides to the warehouse staff assigned with picking for production. This seems backwards since the locations are already present on the material release so it appears redundant to indicate it again.
- Should we be generating the production ticket, collecting the items and then releasing the material?
- Once again we seem to be in a situation where we are generating a picklist without locations on it. Is this common practice?
- Any other options?
Best answer by jeremyd45View original