Solved

Non Standard Parts

• 29 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Allow non-standards to allow quick and easy data entry from Sales Order to Purchase Order to Production Bom.  Different from Non-Stock.  Non-stock means I have to first setup and/or import into the Non-Stock table before using in a Sales Order, Purchase Order, or Production BOM.  For a non standard to be used on a  Sales Order this would require either the part would have to be a make (requiring a production order), purchase to a sales order or to a Production Order due to being non-inventory.  For a production order, this would allow direct download into the BOM requiring any non standard parts to have to be purchased and/or made (make) via a production order. If I continually use non-stock items, I am having to enter all the parts first as non-stock and then bringing into the production BOM.  Other option is to use one Non-stock part number and update the description to change the BOM parts not exactly the best to calculate and capture costs. The part could only be used one time. Setting up as an inventory item is not really needed.   Any other suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 30 September 2022, 00:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

In the Estimates module you can create BOMs with items that are not yet in the Stock/Non-stock table.  Once the Estimate is approved, the items can be created on the fly as the BOM is created.

I think the ability to create non-stock items on the fly might be a good request to add as a Community Idea.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Like the idea. However, they would have to have the Estimates Module - could be hard sell for that one item :)  But I like your thinking!

It would be nice if there was a way to use a ‘wild card’ designation as the part number on a sales order with an enterable description that could be used to generate a purchase order for a one-off sales opportunity.  This would give you the ‘non-standard’ item sales to purchase capability outlined above.

Userlevel 2
Badge

added for upvote.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved