Solved

Import Scenario to Update Production Orders

• 4 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Has anyone successful made an import scenario to update existing production orders? I have a working scenario to update existing BOMs but the same approach doesn’t appear to work on Production Order Details.

I’ve even tried to strip the import down to the most basic steps and it still fails. Is there something special that needs to be done in order to import updates to an existing Production Order? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is the pared down import scenario - just access a production order

This is the error I get.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 5 January 2022, 02:55

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @amit61 Can you please attache the XML format of the Import Scenario here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Naveen B - Here’s the XML attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks for sharing the import scenario @amit61  will take a look and let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @amit61  Hope you are looking to update the Header data according to your import scenario.

I just verified and I can able to update the Production Order Details header values. Please find the import scenario here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Naveen B - thanks for the reply! I’m not sure why that import scenario worked for you but doesn’t work for me. It appears that the steps are virtually identical. The only thing I can think of is that we are on 20.209.110 and perhaps there is something different in that version versus the version you tested on. 

At the end of the day I’m actually trying to add and delete materials from various operations. However, import kept failing so I deactivated those lines. I was trying to troubleshoot the scenario and stripped it down to just the production order header.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@amit61 Understood. I have verified in 21 R2 version for the header section it is working for me.

Let me check for the Materials and let you know if I’m successful there ;) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @amit61 

I have noticed that following line is missing on your scenario. Did you add it later and is it still not working?

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @vkumar & @Naveen B  - Thank you both for your help. I got almost everything working and I learned a few nuances that I didn’t know about imports. Most importantly, imports evidently throw an error if there aren’t any changes to be made. In testing the import scenario, I deactivated most of the lines to test basic functionality and as a result, the only thing I was doing was opening & closing the production order. Since nothing was being changed, the import kicked back an error. Once I added a line to actually make a change, the import worked.

The last two lines of the import scenario take the prod order off of hold and then save the changes. Taking the order off of hold causes an error for some reason. I haven’t quite figured this one out yet… worst case I can run the import twice - once to make the changes and another the remove hold. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, any tips would be much appreciated.

For anyone else looking to do this, here’s the working import scenario and a link that helped: https://www.eis.consulting/post/acumatica-import-and-export-scenarios-tips-and-tricks#viewer-2md27

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Anyone have any ideas on how to have the same import scenario take the production order off of hold? It’s not a huge deal to run a 2nd import scenario to do this, just annoying. I feel like removing it from hold should be do-able, but I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong here.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved