Solved

How to use "Is in" Condition for Generic Inquiry

• 19 May 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone, 

I’d like to pass a list of values instead of calling out the items 1 by 1. 

There are many options in the conditions drop down. But the documentation does not specify how they should be used, or provide limitations.

icon

Best answer by cdiaz 20 May 2022, 00:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@cdiaz I agree that help has not covered examples of these conditions, however, these conditions introduced as we added some User Relative Filter Parameter to the system like:

@MyGroups and @MyWorktree

In case of Generic Inquiry you can Design Generic Inquiries in a way it only shows the user logged related documents.

like SOOrder.OwnerID Is In @MyGroups this only show the documents which has owner in same Workgroups as the user logged in.

Below you can read more about these filters and how they would work

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=f6bd0804-543a-4e52-9fe9-4cd8305c575b

Userlevel 1

I read the documentation you linked. Thank you for linking.

It mentions I can create custom filters using screen CS209010. I cannot see this screen. Is it only for 2022 release? My company is on 2021 R1.

I checked in our test instance where I should have admin rights.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It should be under customization >Profiles.

This might be Access Right issue.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help. 

Takeaway:

The “Is In” operator doesn’t behave like SQL “IN”. It accepts only one value as an input: the name of a custom filter. Some custom filters are dynamically generated by the system, such as “@MyGroups”, others are built buy a user with sufficient access to the Filters screen (CS209010).

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@cdia

@hkabiri 

Do we know if it is then possible to use a custom created filter in the same way as the system generated filter?   

I’m trying to use the “is not in” syntax within a GI Condition.  I’ve created a custom filter using screen CS209010 titled “PriceClassFLTR”.    So should I be able to use this in my GI Conditions?   

as referenced above my example would say:

PriceClassID > Is Not In > @PriceClassFLTR  ?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved