Solved

Circular reference in BOM

• 14 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hello together, 

I have a general question. 

Why is it possible to insert the same item as material in the Production BOM Details as the item to be produced and not in the Basic BOM? When I insert as material in the basic BOM the same item as in the header, an error appears:

In the Production Order Details the base BOM is taken as a basis and there it is possible to insert the same item as in the head. 
The MRP then calculates the demand based on the production orders and sales orders. 

In the Acumatica help it says this.

But I don't understand why it is possible in the production details but not in the basic BOM.
Could someone explain this to me? 

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 14 September 2023, 13:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I believe this is done because of the copy BOM routines - the copy routines would not know when to stop.  Also MRP would have the same issue for planning.

On a Production Order it is going to treat the component material as stock and not try to build it by pulling in the BOM.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved