Solved

BOM with Predefined Routing

• 27 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Have someone ever done an import scenario with routing already hard-coded/inserted into the import mapping? The spreadsheet as data source only contains finished items and components. What I try to achieve here is having a workaround to assign a routing (that has set of standard operations) into a bill. My issue particularly is with multiple operation numbers that need to be inserted. I can only insert one operation with my scenario.

Ex:

The spreadsheet has data FG1 (finished item) needs Comp1 and Comp2 (material) - split into 2 lines in the spreadsheet. 

When imported: the BOM will have operation 10, 20, 30 (already inserted in the import mapping)and the above component are placed under operation 10. 

icon

Best answer by Noah 12 September 2021, 05:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So, you’re trying to get all materials to go under operation 10, but want operation 20 and 30 to be added with no materials, but hardcoded routing information?

If so, I would just create a second import scenario that adds whatever extra operations are needed.  You can hardcode them, you’d just need to ensure you don’t recreate the BOMs (export the BOM ids created from the first import scenario).

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Did you get this figured out? I recently did an import with what I think was a similar situation to what you were looking at.  The order of operations was (for example)

10- Manufacturing

• Part 1
  • Part 2
  • Part 3

20- Outside Process

• Outside Part 1

30- Assembly

• NonStock Part 1
  • Subassembly Part 1

We were able to get the parts and the operations in there by hard coding them.  Is this sort of what you are talking about?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved