Solved

Uploading data provider files or import scenarios with data taking forever

• 13 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I have recently been experiencing performance issues when uploading data files for import scenarios or import scenarios which contain data files.

These are not huge files.

I can upload to sharepoint and other platforms.  However, Acumatica is almost unusable for this.

I’ve had others upload for me and they go right up without issue, so it seems to be me.

However, as I said, I can upload the same files to other platforms like Sharepoint without any problems.

I have recently moved and using a new ISP, but I am unsure why this would only be affecting Acumatica uploads.

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by ltussing03 28 November 2023, 14:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ltussing03 Please confirm if the file is being uploaded after say x mins or it is not uploading at all.

Few other details:

• Acumatica instance type - Is it Acumatica SaaS or on Premises
  • Try different browser or update the browser - there are some issues with old versions browsers. for example , I use Chrome Version 117.0.5938.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Try from another System outside your network

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks!

It is Saas

I will try another browser, thanks for the suggestion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ltussing03  Are you facing this issue for only this file or for other files as well?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It is with any file of that is above about 8mb.

Either a data file for an import scenario or an import scenario that contains a data file of that size.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ltussing03 It seems the processing time is affected by the extensive data volume. Have you considered exploring Parallel Processing as a solution? Enabling the highlighted checkbox below triggers the system to execute the import scenario using multiple threads, significantly expediting the processing speed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Naveen,

Thank you.  The issue is not with running the scenarios.  It is with uploading the scenarios themselves or data files for the data provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ltussing03  Thanks for the response.

I don’t see such issues ever, it might issue with your instance. I’m requesting you to raise a support case with Acumatica to find out the root cause.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ltussing03 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

This was the result of local equipment issues.

Not related to Acumatica at all.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved