Solved

Sequencing a Letter in ACH Export

• 11 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello everyone,

The bank we are working with requires a Batch Sequence letter. For example, if there were 5 batches exported and uploaded to their ACH portal, the first batch would have letter A, the second letter B etc. The catch is it resets every day, thus the next day if there are 6 batches, the first batch would upload again with letter A.

We are using the standard Export PR Payment to ACH scenario with ACHExportProviderDL. My thoughts are to add another field to the schema which would represent the one character. The problem I am having trouble with is getting a formula to look at both the date and the batch sequence for that date. Does this seem possible to do?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by podonnell11 31 October 2022, 20:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@podonnell11 Can you leverage the Daily Sequence Number from the Batch Header?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@podonnell11Can you leverage the Daily Sequence Number from the Batch Header?

Good eye, I will create a substitution list … 1 = A , 2 = B etc. and see if this can be a solution.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@podonnell11Thanks, and hopefully the field shows as an available field within Substitutions Lists for you. On 2021R1, it did not for me. You may be limited to using the switch function. I’d like to see what you end up doing.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @podonnell11 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @podonnell11 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Chris,

I used Source Object Document, and Document.DateSeqNbr -- I believe it may have already been in there. The bank was fine with numeric codes.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved