Solved

New BOM Revision Import to copy BOM details

Userlevel 2
Badge

When you enter a new revision name on an existing BOM it would create a new revision under the same BOM ID and would copy all the details from the BOM and original revision.

I am trying to do this through an import scenario so i can upload many new revisions under an existing BOM ID.

So the way i set up the import was starting by @@BOM ID so it knows not to create a new BOM, rather look for the exisating BOM and i passed in a new Revision name.

So it actually worked, it created a new revision under the existing BOM ID, but it didnt copy the BOM details, it created an empty BOM.

Does anyone know what i need to add to my import to also copy the details?

icon

Best answer by ldancziger 9 June 2022, 20:27

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Anyone?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ldancziger were you ever able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Chris Hackett for following up, 
I actually ended up creating 2 seperate Imports, 1 to create new Revisions under an existing BOM and a second to update the BOM with new Revision - its a 2 step process but works just fine.

Thanks again

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @ldancziger  I’m trying to do a similar thing with incrementing item configuration revisions and I’m not having any luck.

Could you post screenshots of the mapping for the two imports that you ended up using to create BOM revisions?

Here is the link to my question.

Update Item Configuration Key Fields with Import Scenario | Community (acumatica.com)

Really appreciate any help I can get on this one!

Userlevel 4
Badge

When you enter a new revision name on an existing BOM it would create a new revision under the same BOM ID and would copy all the details from the BOM and original revision.

I am trying to do this through an import scenario so i can upload many new revisions under an existing BOM ID.

So the way i set up the import was starting by @@BOM ID so it knows not to create a new BOM, rather look for the exisating BOM and i passed in a new Revision name.

So it actually worked, it created a new revision under the existing BOM ID, but it didnt copy the BOM details, it created an empty BOM.

Does anyone know what i need to add to my import to also copy the details?

Do you have the xml file , I am trying to import my BOMs that have one revision but multiple components linked to one operation ID and have been not successful.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kudzaim20 Are you lookiing to update on an existing BOM the operation materials? then that would be different rom what i created above

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kudzaim20 Are you lookiing to update on an existing BOM the operation materials? then that would be different rom what i created above

In my case I would like to import new bills of materials altogether with their components.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kudzaim20 that was my issue i also wasnt able to i had to do a 2 step process create BOM and then add materilas 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved