Solved

Looking for Employee History Import Scenario example or template

• 15 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am trying to create an import scenario to import the Employee History line.  So that we do not have to hand enter the base data.

I already created an Import Scenario to import and update the EPPositions table data.

All I want to do now, is create an Import Scenario to import the “IsActive”, “PositionID”, and “StartDate” in the attached spreadsheet to the existing employee record under the Employee History tab.

I am struggling creating the data provider and import scenario as it throws errors saying so many other columns need to be in the scenario, even though I do not want to update them.  (2nd spreadsheet attached show the errors on import)

Does anyone have an Import Scenario for updating the Employee History that they would mind sharing as a template?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by NetAdmin42 16 January 2024, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @NetAdmin42 

Please share XML file of Import scenario

use below suggestions 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@manikantad18 
My apologies for taking so long to upload this scenario.  Needed to make sure there was nothing in it proprietary.

Attached are both the Data Provider and the Import Scenario. 

Again, all I want to do is update the Employee History tab/grid section.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Here are the scenarios I am working with.

That I am trying to make work to do the import.  I keep receiving the following error message on Import.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I finally figured this out.  I had an invalid Action in the mapping and it was causing me problems.  Once I removed that mapping action out, it worked perfectly.

Attached is the corrected import scenario for anyone else to use if they want to update Employee History.

Thank you,

Jeff

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved