Solved

import scenario using SO Process Orders screen

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi , @Naveen B ,

I need to create an import using the Sales Order Process screen.  The file upload in the Import Scenario will contain the Order Number.  I want to use the Sales Order Process screen to  “Prepare Invoice”. 

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Laura 

icon

Best answer by lauracastagna 10 October 2021, 07:38

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @lauracastagna  Unable to import the file in 21 R1 and 20 R2 versions and getting below error.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B ,

Attached again. Hopefully okay this time.  if not:-

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @lauracastagna , 

You are trying to “Prepare Invoice” from the Sales Order screen, in this activity, 2 screens are involved (Sales Order and Invoices screens).

Import Scenarios will NOT work, when multiple screens are involved and this is limitation for the import scenario.

Due to this you will get the below issue. Please find the screenshot for reference.

Solution for this requirement.

You can schedule a “Process Orders” screen for the “Prepare Invoice” action periodically, so that this process will pick Sales Orders and will Prepare the Invoices. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B ,

no unfortunately I cant do it this way as the trigger to release comes from the file (not in myob).  Can an Import Scenario be run directly from the Process Orders screen?

Laura 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Greg Mercede,

I am trying to resolve an import solution for a client.  They need to trigger a “Receipt Shipment” from an Order they receive in a file from a third party. 

Is it or will it be possible to run an Import Scenario in the Process Orders screen?  I.e. As I cant to do it from the RC (return for credit) screen.

I really don’t wont to say the system cant do this to the client.

Regards,

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @lauracastagna   No, import scenario will NOT work from the Process Orders screen.

I just verified with multiple Sales Orders for the above import scenario, it is actually “Preparing the Invoice”, with an error message as “Invoice”.

This error message is coming due to the “Redirection of the screen”, if we go and click on the “Prepare Invoice” on the Sales Orders screen, system will auto redirected to the “Invoices” screen. (Due to this redirection we are getting “Invoice” error in the import scenario.)

According to me, you can still use the above import scenario by removing the “Break On Error”, it will process for all the records and prepare the invoices and after completion of process it will give as an error like below.

Hope this will fulfill your requirement!

Userlevel 2
Badge

i will give it a go @Naveen B . thanks for your help as always

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sure @lauracastagna  Let me know if you get any issues.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen B,

i just realised you are using SO Type “SO”.  I need to use SO Type Return for Credit.  What about this…..refer attachment for the flow.  could I automate this in an import?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Naveen B ,

I worked out a solution :-).

I changed the SO Type for a Credit Return.  Then i got the Import scenario to release the Credit Note which automatically creates the inventory transaction as well.  

Thanks for your help Naveen.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@lauracastagna Awesome, thanks for sharing the update 🙂

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved