Solved

Import scenario to change Alternate Type in Cross-Reference

• 29 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have several hundred products where the Alternate Type should be set to Vendor Part Number but it is incorrectly set to Barcode. I’m trying to create an Import Scenario to correct these in bulk but when I attempt to import it is adding a new line instead of altering the line:

Here’s a screenshot of my Import Scenario:

Any suggestions how to fix this so it doesn’t add a new line?

icon

Best answer by mikeho 30 December 2022, 20:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @mikeho ,

Could you please send a screenshot of Import By Scenario screen and the values you have in the data provider or export the scenario to XML and attach it here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@riglesias,

Is this what you need?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mikeho 

Here is the my thoughts.

Delete the Incorrect Cross reference date using import scenario and re import the cross reference data using another import scenario.

Attaching both  import scenario for reference

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks, @manikantad18

After some trial and error I was able to combine the delete/reimport cross reference processes into a single import scenario:

Still would have preferred to be able to just change the Alternate Type (rather than delete the line and reimport) but this will have to suffice.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved