Solved

How to create a new Custom screen to allow for Import Scenario creation

• 11 December 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a need to create a new table and DAC which will hold some Historical data in Acumatica only for lookup purposes.

I have that customization written and published where it creates both the table and the DAC.  No problems at all, and I even have a GI which reads the DAC table.

HOWEVER, now I have a need to Import the data into this newly created table.  But when I go to create an Import Scenario for it, after creating a ‘new’ Custom screen as a Grid(View), the Import Scenario errors out saying that “screen does not have the Copy/Paste function” and will not allow me to create the Import Scenario.

What do I need to do to make this brand new custom screen have the ability to Import data from an Excel file?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by NetAdmin42 14 March 2024, 18:02

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@NetAdmin42  Can you please share the screenshots of your custom screen and along with your import scenario for us to do initial check?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Naveen,

First attached is some sample data of the Excel file I am trying to create a Custom screen for so that I can then create an Import Scenario.  Also is the DB script and the DAC I have published in the Customization.

Right now I deleted the screen I was trying to create in this customization.  I really do NOT even want an Input screen.  But apparently I have to have a screen to create an Import Scenario. 

Really, all I want to do is create the legacy historical data table/DAC and then import the legacy data into it so that I can use a GI to display it. 

I find it very frustrating that there is not an easy way to do this for Acumatica.  These data will NOT be associated to or used for anything else except historical reference.

Thank you for your help,

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Naveen Boga Please let me know if those files I uploaded were what you needed.  Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@NetAdmin42  I will check and let you know.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Naveen Boga Have you had an opportunity to see what I need to do to be able to do this?  Again, thank you for your time

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@NetAdmin42 Sorry for the late reply. Bit occupied with my work.

I have deployed the customization package, it seems you have not attached the import scenario and screen.

Can you please attach your custom screen and import scenario and re-share the package?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@NetAdmin42 Sorry for the late reply. Bit occupied with my work.

I have deployed the customization package, it seems you have not attached the import scenario and screen.

Can you please attach your custom screen and import scenario and re-share the package?

@Naveen Boga Hi Naveen.  That is actually what I do not know how to do.  I tried to create an import scenario through the Import Scenario’s screen in Acumatica, but it requires a screen to do so.  I then tried to create a simple screen in this customization with Grid(View) and that too would not let me create an Import Scenario in Acumatica.  So, that was my original question.  How do I create a screen in a customization that will allow me to then create an Import Scenario?

Again, thank you,

Jeff

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@NetAdmin42  As you already created the custom screen, then add that screen and Import Scenario to the customization project and share it here.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Naveen Boga Please forgive me for taking so long to respond back.  I was pulled into a high-priority project and am only now able to circle back on this.

Please find attached that customization with the screen defined.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Naveen Bogawhere you ever able to determine why I cannot create an import scenario for this customization package?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @NetAdmin42 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Chris, not exactly.  I ended up simply importing these data through SQL SSMS.  I never found a way to do this through Acumatica.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved