Question

How do I upload an import scenario?

Userlevel 3
Badge

How do I upload an import scenario? I have received an import scenario (.xml) file from another user, but do not know how to import it to our Acumatica instance. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jsudak 

We have an Import xml option in import scenario screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I tried the import from XML on the clipboard and received the following error message: 

Badge +18

Hello,

Not all XML files are import scenarios.  If you were given a Generic Inquiry XML, please to to Customization --> Generic Inquiries screen to import your GI  xml, using the Clipboard -->Import from XML action.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks. I don’t understand and cannot perform the action you are suggesting. 

It seems I was given a Generic Inquiry XML. I don’t know where to find the Customization --> Generic Inquiries screen to import the GI xml. Do you mean from Customization Projects? This only allows me to import zip files. 

Badge +18

Hello,

If you can’t see Customization → Generic Inquiry, even when you click ‘Show More’ at the bottom of the menu, you may need to ask for additional Roles/Access Rights. If you are in the Customizer Role, you should be able to see:

Userlevel 3
Badge

I see this. However, I continue to receive the error message below. 

Badge +18

Hello,

On searching this community for “SyMapping”, it seems like your file probably is an Import Scenario.  Possibly, its version is not compatible with your version. Possibly the customizations or ACM Edition don’t match between your system and the Import scenario author’s system. I’m guessing - hopefully another poster can provide a solution for you.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved