Solved

Restrict Visibility of GL Account and Subaccount by Company/Branch

• 23 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All, 

How can I restrict a GL Account and Subaccount to specific company/branch?

Any help will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Anne Samson

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 23 August 2022, 20:45

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ASamson21 

You can achieve this with Row-Level Security:

Here is the help documentation that you can start with to configure this:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=749f774f-720d-4fcb-9c48-4df263bc1bd6

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 , 

Thank you for this. I have tried this already but unfortunately I am still able to see the restricted account and subaccount on the Journal Transactions [ScreenId=GL301000] screen. 

Below are my configurations that I have made. 

When I access the Journal Transactions screen, I expected to see the 13100-Prepaids account based on the configuration that I have made. Unfortunately, I still see all other accounts in the transaction screen.

Is there any configuration that I am missing to configure?

Thanks, 

Anne Samson

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@ASamson21 With only 1 screen shot, I would say yes, you are missing configuration. Configuring restriction groups is quite flexible and therefore can end up being complex. It is important to fully understand the options and the full business needs of the organization before embarking on implementing the restriction design.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi ​​​​​ @DConcannon , 

Below are the full configuration that I have made. 

Based on this I should be able to see the 13100-Prepaids account alone. But unfortunately, on the Journal Transactions screen other accounts still showing. 

Thanks, Anne

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ASamson21 

I would suggest going to the Open University and reviewing the S200 training. 

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/system-admin/s200-system-administration-advanced/

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 @DConcannon , 

This was resolved already thank you very much for your help. 

@ASamson21 I am glad you got this resolved.  What step where you missing?  I am having the exact same issue and despite going through all of the referenced training guides and help files I am still unable to resolve this.

TIA

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @lrains , 

You have to make sure that all the account and subaccount are assigned to a particular company/branches. Once there is one or multiple account or subaccount that has not been assigned to any group in a restriction group, it will still show those account to all the company/branches, meaning it is not restricted and can be seen to all the company/branches until you include that to a restriction group. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks,

Anne Samson

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved