Solved

Recalculate Functions

• 22 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Acumatica has a built in function to “recalculate” various balances such as vendor and inventory.  We have been live for eighteen months and have never run these “recalculate” functions.  Recently, we noticed an error in our inventory and our VAR suggested we run the “recalcuate inventory” function. We ran the fuction and it fixed our error.  My questions is should we run all of these “recalculate” functions regularly such as monthly or quarterly?  Is there any harm in running these recalculate funtions more often?  

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 22 June 2022, 15:43

View original

5 replies

Badge +16

Hello @dougmcbride79 ,

When you see a number that is off, or mismatched between reports, it is OK to use the recalculation processes provided by Acumatica.

Under normal business activities, it is not usually needed to schedule these processes or to run them regularly.  I have seen migration activities occasionally produce off-balance situations. Bugs/system errors, power outages, etc. may occasionally produce off-balance situations; this is a guess. In my experience, 9 years using Acumatica, the situation is rare, to be out of balance after ‘going live’.

That being said, I have not had any experiences where the recalculation processes themselves caused any problem. I don’t think it will hurt anything to run them. Did you already search the forum and/or online knowledge-base, for known bugs or posts that report recalculation causing issues?

Userlevel 6
Badge

I have not, but will search the knowledge base.  And thank you for your answer.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @dougmcbride79 

I always suggest clients to run these recalculations on a regular basis. Most run them at end of month and then when they do yearly close. You can put these on a schedule also, which I have recently done for a few as well so you don’t have to remember to do them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I agree with @kbeatty21 that this would be a good thing to do as part of month end processes.  It would probably also be good to do a snapshot prior to running those recalc operation (just as a precaution).

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49, on the schedule, how do I set up the filters or conditions if there are multiple warehouses?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved