Solved

Project invoice cannot be released

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi guys,

I tried to run project billing and generate an invoice, but it cannot be released and the error seems confusing (see below). Could anyone please tell me where’s possibly wrong? I don’t know what “objective reference” is and why it has anything to do with “field Branch ID”. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 26 May 2022, 16:08

View original

7 replies

Badge +18

Is the project connected to the same branch that is active on your screen?  It may be useful to know the billing rule on the project and tasks that are being invoiced. It might be useful to see your billing rule details. Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @laura01 Thanks for your reply. I used a test environment to do this, and the branch is actually the only one existing in the system. I assume when I created the project, it should be connected to the only active branch?

And here is the billing rule used on the project.

Could you see more useful information? Thanks!

Badge +18

Hi,

Is there any more information in the Trace? (Tools → Trace)

If you temporarily replace the ‘TIME’ billing rule with something very simple like the Progress or Construction Progress billing rule that comes with the system, will Run Project Billing produce an invoice? Trying to “rule out” the billing rule.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @laura01 

Below is the trace, but I couldn’t understand a thing here… I guess someone with IT background would understand this better? Do you have any thoughts? 

As for trying a simple billing rule, I couldn’t find any default billing rules in the system. So I couldn’t try this method at this moment.

Thank you very much for your help.

Badge +18

Hi, I agree with you, the trace can be confusing to read, and I’m no expert or programmer either.  I’m going to take a guess.  It looks like the Branch in your Test environment may not have a ledger attached.  Can you confirm? Configuration → Branches → Ledgers tab.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @laura01 sorry for my late response. I checked the ledger as you suggested and it exists. By the way, I tried to create a normal invoice not attached to any project, it showed the exact same error, which makes me even more confused… I guess I’ll try in another environment and see. Thanks!

Badge +18

Hi,

I still don’t know a firm answer but have ideas to check and rule out.

I wonder if AP transactions or GL transactions can be entered successfully, or not?  If so, I think the branch and ledger are properly configured. If GL and AP give an error, is  the error the same (or maybe a more helpful error will show)?

Is SDG the Base Currency?  Or do you have different currencies in different branches?  Maybe currency issue.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved