Solved

Journal Entry approval flow

• 5 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

A client with SOX compliance requirements, but a small accounting group, needs to make sure that a JE created by one person is posted by someone else.  This is for their internal controls and outside Auditors.  An approval flow would be ideal rather than security roles.

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 20 January 2021, 00:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

This is already reported as an idea that you can go vote on and has been shortlisted for future development: 

As a workaround, one workaround would be to restrict certain users from having access to the “release” button for journal entries and have all JE Release/Posting go through specific users.

Our F&A team is small (team of 5 and only 2 with ability to transact in GL). We were able to be specific with our approval map to named individuals by using the GL Trans - Created By Field. If I create the transaction, then I’ve named someone specifically that can approve.

More than 2-3 users in the GL wouldn’t make this option ideal.

Agree that I would love to see enhanced approval for processes that are typically only F&A such as journal entries and bank reconciliations. I like the ease and visibility of the ‘approval’ tab of who did what so it does not only live in the audit details or lives on the back side of permissions/roles. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved