Skip to main content
Solved

Import Scenario to import File attachement

• 17 August 2021
  • 10 replies

How do I import the attachment with an import scenario?   The AP Document has an file attachment.  I am creating the AR Document based on the document lines in the AP Document. 

I can get the attachment file in an generic inquiry - On the APInvoice it is the NoteId

With the import scenario I have the option to update the Note Text field but do not find the option to update the Files. 

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

At the present time, functionality to import file attachments does not exist.  This would be a great product idea to add as I have handled several support cases where this functionality was asked about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @retha50 ,

The REST API allows you to upload files. We created a small utility using C# to upload files from a folder based on a naming convention.  

https://www.erpsolutions4u.com/psblog/files-in-acumatica-using-the-api-to-automate-file-uploads

Laura

Hi @lauraj46

It looks like the link you provided is not working.  Do you have a valid link or could send some additional information?  

I look foward to hearing from you. :) 

Jamie

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @jamieevenson ,

Here is the updated link:

https://www.parallelsolutions4u.com/psblog/files-in-acumatica-using-the-api-to-automate-file-uploads

Hope this helps :)

Laura

Thank you, @lauraj46

That worked and is what I was looking for.  Thanks again! 

Jamie 

Hi @lauraj46 

Do you still have that utility? I was not able to find a link to download and test. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @zillay ,

Yes, the utility is available to license, we do not have a link to download.  Please send me a message from the Contact page on our website and we can arrange a time to discuss or I can send you the user’s guide.

Thanks,

Laura

@ed.goodman I wanted to check and make sure that this is still the case. Does Acumatica still not support importing file attachments? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@jsherman21 

Checked the initial release notes for version 2023 R2 and did not see anything there regarding being able to import file attachments, so I would say the functionality is still not available.

Ed

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@jsherman21,

Here is the product idea if you would like to vote for it.

Ed