Solved

How to bypass Control Account logic in FA Reverse Disposal action?

• 21 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

When attempting the Reverse Disposal action in the Fixed Asset module I encountered an error.  Acumatica will not post to a Control Account when creating the reversal disposal transaction.  Is there something I am missing in the setup? 

2022 R1

Error Encountered
Allow Manual Entry is OFF for the Account we would like to keep it this way
The original Disposal

We are currently using a work around where we enable manual posting, process the reversal of the disposal and then disable manual posting.  

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 21 March 2023, 15:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Robert Sternberg 

This is standard in Acumatica. You can not post to a control account. Try making that account a non-control account then reverse the FA. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @kandybeatty49 this is the workaround we are using today.  Any insight why this is the only transaction that is initiated from the FA screen and results in a FA Module journal entry when we turn off the control logic for that account?  It would seem that because it is NOT a manual GL entry it should be allowed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Robert Sternberg 

A manual GL entry will still not allow you to post to a control account. Control accounts are mainly used for analytical purposes in the system. 

This article may help you a bit, I know control accounts are a bit confusing:

https://acu-connect.com/2020/08/17/setting-up-control-accounts-to-keep-subledgers-in-balance-with-the-gl-in-acumatica/#:~:text=Acumatica%20has%20added%20a%20new%20feature%20called%20Control,the%20subledgers%20in%20balance%20with%20the%20General%20Ledger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks Kandy, this would NOT be a manual transaction.  This would be a FA transaction.  I used the workaround where we select allow manual posting and when I created the reversal of the disposal the resulting entry had the FA Module indicated. Based on the Acu-Connect post this should be allowed even with control accounts enabled and manual posting not allowed.  

Looks like the best approach right now until this is fixed is to temporarily allow manual posting to the control account while the reversal of the disposal is completed. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved