Solved

How restrict the editing access of invoices (SO303000) in open status

• 8 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, 

I need to restrict access of editing invoices in SO303000 form which were in open status. It means they were already released invoices. But still, users can edit the data in the line level in “details” tab.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Laura02 9 January 2024, 11:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nawanjanahansamali50 

Please provide additional information on which fields users can edit after invoice release.?

Please feel free to disable the user rights as edit for users using access rights by screen.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 

I have granted the delete access of  “Unit Price & Quantity” fields in line level to some users who create invoices initially. 

Then I need to restrict that editable access after invoices are released (after becomes to open status). I tried to restrict it by giving “edit” access on behalf of “delete” access also. 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @manikantad18 

I have granted the delete access of  “Unit Price & Quantity” fields in line level to some users who create invoices initially. 

Then I need to restrict that editable access after invoices are released (after becomes to open status). I tried to restrict it by giving “edit” access on behalf of “delete” access also. 

Thank you

I think you need to allow “ Insert” to edit any thing in the Invoice, this will resolve your issues

Badge +18

Hello,

I’m surprised to see that I can edit quantity, UOM, unit price on an open SO Invoice in my demo, with no published customizations.

You want Edit rights when the Invoice is not Open or Closed, and you want View Only when the Invoice Status is Open or Closed. Correct?

Access Rights/Roles will grant one level of rights to each user, and Access Rights/Roles do not consider the Status of the sales order document in screen SO303000.

I believe you will need a customization in screen SO303000 to achieve different access rights behavior for the same user based on status of document.  Custom development can change the behavior of the screen and can use the document status to control whether fields may be changed.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Laura02 

Yes. I need to restricted edit access after releasing SO Invoices (SO303000).

You mean that when the delete access is granted, the user can edit data in the SO Invoices (SO303000) after releasing also. Correct ?

But I tried another instance from 2021 R2 version. When delete access is granted to users for SO Invoices (SO303000), it is not allowed to users to edit the data in SO Invoices (SO303000) after releasing.

Thank you

Badge +18

Hi,

I have been thinking about why I was able to edit a Closed sales order. I don’t think it’s normal behavior but I’m not 100% certain. 

The first demo I tested is hosted on a customer site…. there is a chance our client’s customizations impacted my results. (This demo tenant lists no customizations. Client tenant on same site shows customizations.  SO screens are not listed in client’s customizations. I think it’s possible customizations have impact but it’s a live site so I can’t turn off customizations for a test.)

My local demo that I’m sure has no customizations would not allow edit of Open Sales Orders. There are other differences: one demo has Manufacturing, another does not.

The best way to find out if your site is customized is to ask your VAR. You can look in Customization → Customization Projects screen.  Customizations may be temporarily un-published to determine whether Open Sales Orders may be edited. If you find that customizations are allowing open sales orders to be edited, then the person who performed the customizations can help you with further changes to prohibit editing by document status.

I hope other community members will post here if there are additional features or options to consider.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved