Solved

Error on Profit and Loss Period Sensitive Statement

• 10 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Error on Proft & Loss Period Sensitive Statement when date range goes from 2022-2023. So if I ran a P&L statement from April - November 2022 it would be fine or January - March 2023. But when I try to run a report across years this is how it shows up:

icon

Best answer by Laura02 11 August 2023, 11:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @mburke21 

What are your report definitions for this report? Is something defined in the Start and End period?

Yes here is what I set. 

and this is how it opens up when you are running the report:

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mburke21 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

What is your Period Parameter when you run the Report?

Badge +18

Hello,

I see one column of figures on your P & L report.  Is this column printing Period to Date (current period Turnover) or is it printing Year to Date (ending balance in account)?   With a report that prints one total and we select periods spanning across two years, there would be two different year to date balances in the system, for the first year and the second. (P & L accounts are reset to 0 at year end and start over every year, so ending balance of the second year is all you need.)

How are your columns defined? Are there additional Period/Year criteria defined in the Column Set?

Please consider showing multiple Turnover columns when printing your P & L across years. Try printing current period, then current period - 1 in the next column (for prior period), -2 in a 3rd column etc. for a “Rolling Period” effect that will show you amounts for periods, across year-end if needed, with each period’s balances in a different column.

In addition to Rolling month idea above, you could try selecting periods 1 to 12 across the page, like this:

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved