Solved

DON'T EMAIL Sales Order Invoice Process

• 10 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Within the AR Invoice process screen (Print Invoices and Memos), there is an option to MARK AS DO NOT EMAIL. We automate  this function for $0 invoices through an automation schedule. However this same functionality does not exist in the Sales Order Invoice Process screen (Process Invoices and Memos).

Until this functionality is added, any ideas on how to automate this? My first instinct would be an import /export scenario to check the DON’T EMAIL box inside the Sales Order Invoice Screen.

Ideas?

icon

Best answer by Noah 11 May 2021, 01:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It sounds like a perfect candidate for a Business Event that monitors a Generic Inquiry for $0 SO Invoices and has an Import Scenario as a subscriber that marks them as ‘Do Not Email’.  I haven’t had much experience with these, but there are several write-ups by the community if you search for ‘business event import scenario’.

Have you considered a Sales Order type that doesn’t generate an Invoice?  That’s how we’ve started to handle $0 Invoices...just not create them in the first place.  You do have to update Inventory on the Process Shipment screen (if you’re using the Inventory module of course), but that can also be automated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@jlowry40 
Yes, I agree that business event is a way to fulfill your need.

Userlevel 1

Have you considered a Sales Order type that doesn’t generate an Invoice?  That’s how we’ve started to handle $0 Invoices...just not create them in the first place.  You do have to update Inventory on the Process Shipment screen (if you’re using the Inventory module of course), but that can also be automated.

So our SO Invoices are coming from the FS module and many times we don't know if the job is billable or not until afterward. So I imagine that a business event is the only option. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved