Skip to main content
Solved

Service order is requesting another shipment for items which are already shipped from the sales order.

• 28 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello!

I’m creating a service order from a sales order. And to create the service order, I select the require appointment check box for the stock item and to the service. The items entered in the sales order will be shipped from the sales order shipment.

But when I create the service order, it shows the stock item line status as require scheduling and ask me to do another item issue when completing the service order as well. But the documents say we are only requiring shipping the items which are newly added to the appointment.

If there’s any step or information I have missed? 

Best Regards 

Amanda

@apallawala21 Hi!

Unfortunaletely, at this moment Acumatica doesn’t fully support this sales order-to-service order workflow.

I would advise to exclude the stock items that will be shipped from the service order (by not selecting the Require Appointment check box on the sales order for that line). This means, to only include the services and non-stock items on the service order/appointment. 

About the “require scheduling” status on the service order line, this status is assigned to any line from the service order that haven’t been included in an appointment (this is not related to the sales order or the shipment). Once an appointment is created from the service order, all the lines are marked as “Scheduled” on the service order. 

We’re are working to improve this in a future release (possible for 2025r1).