Solved

Release Time Activities - Success by Users vs Errors by Automation Schedule

• 17 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I have noticed inconsistencies between a user releasing Time Activities vs. an Automation Schedule releasing Time Activities.  
On the Release Time Activities (EP507020) screen, we encounter the following error when run via an Automation Schedule: (this error comes from the Automation Schedule History (SM205035) screen.)

PM Error: Task is Completed and cannot be used for data entry.

While logged in as the Admin user on the Release Time Activities (EP507020) screen the time Activity is processed successfully. 

What is causing the Automation Schedule to fail when compared with the Admin user manually following the same steps? We would like to avoid having to manually releasing time activities every day. 

Edit: To be clear, I understand the error is coming from a completed task not allowing the release of the time activity. My question is why can the Admin user process this record without errors while the automation schedule fails? 

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 18 August 2023, 20:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What version are you on?  This sounds like a bug and I’d probably report it via a support case to Acumatica.  Based on my understanding of your comments above I would have expected both to fail (unless the project and/or time card was edited in between).

I’ve encountered different errors on this screen in the past (ours was around projects restricted by employees and it was affected by the user doing the releasing - known issue AC-240825 now resolved in 2022 R1).  The error would only occur if you used the “Process All” button, but if you released for a single employee at a time it would let you process.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved