Solved

Setting a reminder on tasks in the CRM

• 22 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

When I check the reminder box in any activity, event, task, etc.. (See below) Nothing happens.. Is there a business event I need to set up to send a reminder email? Any info or help on this would be very much appreciated :)

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 22 July 2021, 20:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Stacy,

The in-app reminders have always been OFF by default. It’s not entirely clear why this is still the case today and why users are not informed when they try to check the Reminder box. Instructions for how to enable the reminders can be found here: To Turn On Reminders

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Gabriel Michaud !

Thank you so much! 

Those instructions are a bit confusing to me though.. I am not sure how to access this…

1. Open the web.config file for the site instance. Usually it is located in %Program Files%\Acumatica ERP\<instance name>, where <instance name> is the name of the application instance website.

That file looks like it for on premise deployments?? Would this require a customization i am assuming? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If your instance is hosted by Acumatica or a third-party, you will have to request them to make this change. I will update my original answer for the benefit of others community members :) 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey Gabriel, the link in your earlier post no longer works. Do you have a new link by chance?  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@bgreene87 here’s the updated link: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=667e2765-09c0-4800-a02d-0e225b8203e1

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved