Solved

Restricting user access rights to view an AP bill sent to a Project Manager without granting access to see ALL Bills and Adjustments

• 7 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Our organization is new to Acumatica and have run into a snag configuring AP Bill Approval Maps.  The purpose of our Map is to route Project AP Bills to our Project Managers for approval prior to posting to a project and open AP Aging.  Unfortunately, i am unable to find a way to restrict permissions to view only those AP Bills and Adjustment associated with their particular project.  I’ve heard there is something called user level access permissions but know nothing about this or how to configure it.  Is this the only solution or has anyone else be able to use traditional Approval Map functionality to accomplish this task, 

thank you,

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 5 April 2022, 21:59

View original

4 replies

I have an urgent need to accomplish this restriction also.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Administrator  Assuming that you will send the link of an AP bill, please try the below workaround.

1. Create a new Role PM (or Adjust the existing role if you have one already)
  2. Provide View Only Access to the “Bills and Adjustments Screen” only
  3. The RefNbr should  also be view only
  4. Revoke the Access to all the buttons on the navigation toolbar in the Bills and Adjustments Screen like |< >| > < 

Now, when the user with the PM Role clicks on the link, only that bill can be seen.

Thanks

Thanks for reply Chandra.   I was able to make the changes that you suggested.   I still have the problem that the user must have view access to the Bills and Adjustment screen and therefore it is available in the workspace for selection.  The Bills and Adjustments entry point is GI.  So I am investigating if I can restrict access to that GI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @annette57 Thanks for the details. As an alternative, you can also create a new GI that shows only those details of the Bill(s) required for PM. Hope this will be helpful to you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved