Solved

No way to view API Requests?

• 23 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I wish there was a way to view API requests or logs from the UI…  The platform is so robust when it comes to API’s and the only thing we can see is from events to the database. This would help a lot when it comes to troubleshooting and implementation!

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 23 December 2021, 04:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jamesh  I think we can  see what are all the requests we have sent to Acumatica using Request Profiler screen (Request Type → API), but I’m not sure we can even see API request JSON data on the GI.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

This is a great screen @Naveen Boga. When Request Type is filtered on API-CB, I love that I can see the URL that an outside application is calling.

Like you though, I really wish that there was something like a VIEW JSON button above the grid that you could click to see the JSON for an individual API call.

Since that would be A LOT of data, it would probably make sense to also have an Include JSON checkbox (similar to the existing Include Cached SQL Results checkbox) in the REQUEST LOGGING section so you could decide whether or not you want the Request Profiler to include the JSON results.

I would add this as an Idea, but I don’t have access to the Ideas area anymore. Tagging @vpanchenko in case he knows of anything.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved