Solved

Need help with Error: The Discount Code has no matching Discount Sequence to apply

Dear Experts,

This might be a silly configuration issue, but I’m stuck and need your help.

I created a new Discount Type with a Sequence:

Now, when I tried to apply this discount code to an Invoice Document Detail, system still complains that there is no matching discount sequence to apply - can you please let me know how to fix this? 

Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 29 July 2021, 12:48

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @paramesh  I just configured sample Manual discount and I can able to add this to Invoices line item level. 

In your case, you might missed below steps. Please find the screenshots

• After configuring the Discount, have clicked on the Update Discount button?
  • Also, add items, that you want to give a discount? 

Thank you very much, @Naveen B ! That worked!

Is there a way to make the discount amount arbitrary without having to enter it as part of the discount code settings?

The use case that I’m trying to do is that - as part of entering a manual discount, users should pick a discount code to mention the type of manual discount they’re trying to apply - so that it can be used for reporting later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

According to me it is NO.

As soon as we add the Discount Code, it will apply the discount amount on the Invoice.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga 

How about discount only, not included the specific item and no amount applied?. What are the procedures for that? 

When I tried to make Sales Order, the discount code not apply and same concern with Paramesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @acumaticapm182 

Did you hit the Update Discounts button?

A few other things:

1. It appears the discount code you are using is not the same, you showed RDC1 but on the SO it is RDC2, check that. 
  2. Are the correct items configured for that discount code?
Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 

Yes, I clicked all the UPDATE DISCOUNT button of all discounts and same warning

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @acumaticapm182 

What about the items configured for that discount? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21

Should I configured the discount for the specific item? 

In Sales Order I want to apply the discount code only per line, but the discounts I made are not updating

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @acumaticapm182 

Yes, the way you have your discount set up is that in order for it to work, you need to also attach the items. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 

Is there any way so that I don't have to enter the specific item, I just want apply the discount code per line

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @acumaticapm182 

Go to Receivables> Discount Codes and see what the Discount Type is and the ApplicableTo. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 

This is my configuration in Discount Code Preferences

and I’ve already update all the discount

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @acumaticapm182 

On your discount code, the discount is applicable to items so it will require you to map items to that discount code. 

How do you want the discount to work? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 

I want to apply the discount code only per line in Sales Order, I mean if I select this item (No specific item) it should be applied the discount code like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @acumaticapm182 

Do you want the discount to automatically apply to the line? If so, you will have to chose what it is applicable to and in this case, it would be the item. 

You can make the line have a discount code that is unconditional but then you would have to manually add it to only the lines you would like.

Here is more info from the help on the applicable to:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kandy Beatty , have you seen an Unconditional working on the line level? I can’t make it work. It gets wiped out when I click away from that field...

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved