Question

Import scenario error for some users

• 4 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

I have been working on a business event and have been facing some issues. The issue is whenever I try to run from User A’s account the biz event gets successfully processed. But whenever I try to run the same event using User B’s account it shows the below error:

The error says Project Task could not be found. Both of these users have a same access right but still it triggers the error for one of them. Why so?

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Harry ,

Are Employees restricted on the Project in question? If Restrict Employees checkbox is selected ON in the Summary tab of Projects screen, then every employee who needs to update the project or use it in their timesheets needs to be linked to the Employees tab of the Project.

Another way to restrict projects or tasks to Users is with Restriction Groups. Is there a Restriction Group configured for Users and Projects?

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @Harry ,

Are Employees restricted on the Project in question? If Restrict Employees checkbox is selected ON in the Summary tab of Projects screen, then every employee who needs to update the project or use it in their timesheets needs to be linked to the Employees tab of the Project.

Another way to restrict projects or tasks to Users is with Restriction Groups. Is there a Restriction Group configured for Users and Projects?

Laura

Hey @Laura02 ,

I checked out your suggested points:

The restrict Employees checkbox is clear for all projects. Also There’s a single restriction group created for project but that too is inactive.

Badge +18

Hello,

Is there any useful detail in Tools → Trace that could help us figure out why one employee may update the task and another may not?

Is the employee who experiences the error able to update the same project-task manually via Projects screen?

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

Is there any useful detail in Tools → Trace that could help us figure out why one employee may update the task and another may not?

Is the employee who experiences the error able to update the same project-task manually via Projects screen?

Laura

Hello @Laura02 ,

Yes the employee/User is able to manually create any trxn related to and access the particular Project Task.

When I run it: via GI

For trace: it doesnt display any error messages. Neither in GI nor in Business Event/Business Event History. Just the error message:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved