Solved

Warehouse Automation

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

Is it possible to customize and change up the workflow on the Warehouse Automation directed picking, packing on the hand held scanners.  The default and current workflow is terrible, you need to keep scanning and the screen does not even show you much info.  There are no way to manual bypass by touching and selecting location / sku numbers.  Also there is no way to change the UOM when picking either cases or by each.

We need to make the picking process as fast as possible.

icon

Best answer by larryly 9 May 2022, 16:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Nelson Yip 

Have you tried to customize the Automation Steps of those screens? Here is help documentation:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=4d7f207c-5ddf-4e96-9205-10c979214f5d

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Nelson Yip I think that’s the different business process. I deploy the WMS for my company and work with it for 1 year. The shipment is controlled by Acumatica core. The core will work out the picking location base on system setting, inventory level , picking priority, picking path and etc. They won’t pickers to think too much on picking. Just ask them to follow the process and pick items on shipment. The UOM also defined on conversion table.  You don’t need to switch UOM when picking.  If your company’s picking process more rely to picker. Acumatica WMS probably is not fit with you. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved