Solved

Vendor Item Catalog

• 21 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

is there a way to insert vendor catalog items into Acumatica without creating a stock item record but instead of catalog item that then converts into a stock item when sold or purchased?

Thanks,

Nirav Shah

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 21 September 2022, 22:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@nshah90 - Are you referring to an entity that can be termed as “Vendor Part Number”? OR Items that belong to a certain Vendor?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am referring to vendor catalog sku’s that are not true items yet but will be items if a customer buys a specific catalog sku. Imagine a distributor that sells a specific vendors material but they do not want to create unnecessary stock item records until a customer orders a specific catalog item then a “item template” is applied to the new stock item so it can be sold and purchased from the vendor.  Hope this helps?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @nshah90 

Are you talking about Vendor Inventory? You would still need to create the item as a Stock Item first though. 

You could make the items No Sale until you are ready to sale them:

Here is help on Vendor Catalogs also:

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=eb237ab6-0cc6-452d-85b4-df4e53ef57e4

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for the information, I will read it over.  It appears to be what I am looking for.  

Best,

Nirav Shah

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you for the information, I will read it over.  It appears to be what I am looking for.  

Best,

Nirav Shah

Glad to have helped! :)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved