Solved

Row Level Security Per Module

• 24 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I use row level security for my inventory items to restrict sales people to work with items others than their workgroup.

I would like to give them access to all inventory items in the purchasing module and only be restricted to the items out of their workgroup on the sales module.

would anyone have a solution how this can be accomplished?  

icon

Best answer by ed.goodman 24 February 2023, 16:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Pinny 

You may need to look into customization for this as restriction groups apply to all screens in Acumatica.  If a user is given access to all items, they will see all items in the sales orders screen and the purchase orders screen.  Functionality to configure restriction groups for specific screens does not exist.  There is a module field in the restriction group screen, but it does not limit the restriction group to that particular module.

Here is what the help documentation says about that field.

Specific Module Optional. The two-letter code of the module where the group is displayed, if the group should be viewed in only a specific module. The module selected in this box does not affect visibility of entities included in the restriction group.

Hope this helps.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved